Membership is open to people who are 18 years of age or older and are residents of Berks County. Membership begins as a volunteer member.
After a period of ninety days and 3 monthly general meetings, you may make request to the Vice President to become a committee member with voting privileges, at which point the committee will vote upon your request.
Our general committee meetings take place at 7:00pm on Monday evenings (monthly in the fall and bi-weekly in the spring) at Kreative Corner, LLC 505 Penn St 4 FL. Reading PA 19601 (http://www.kreativecorner.com/). Someone will be at the doors to let you in. If after 7 PM please call Richard Wagner at 610-732-7157 or Ben Renkus at 610-507-2996 . Please attend the next meeting after you submit your application. Meeting dates can be located on our calendar.
We've got many subcommittees that could use your talents! Let us know which one is the best fit for you:
- Fundraising Sub-committee: events, grants and sponsorship
- Marketing & Public Relations Sub-committee: press releases, advertising, communications, website, social media, brochures, flyers, Night OUT!, maintaining booths at Prides and community events and other marketing & public relation strategies
- The Festival Committee: Pre & Post Pride Parties, Entertainment, Vendors, Kids Corner, Volunteers and any other Festival related areas
- Education & Advocacy Sub-committee: Interfaith Service, Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR), LGBT History Month or any other educational or call to action events
- Audits & Elections Sub-committee: all audits and facilitating elections.
- Design Sub-committee: decorating & designs for various events, design for Holiday Parade Float.